Crabtree Lane, Bookham to St Barnabas, Ranmore
This 10km trail run takes in Tanner Hatch Youth Hostel and the church at Ranmore. It has some gradual but sustained climbs and mostly good paths underfoot. In springtime Bluebells line many of the wooded paths.
1. Starting from the end of Crabtree Lane follow the chalky path to a crossroad and turn right. Continue along the path until it meets Dorking Road. Run straight on along the path beside Polesden Road.
2. After a short distance a break in the hedge to the left reveals the left turn marked Connicut Lane. Follow the lane and keep on through woods and under a bridge, eventually swinging round to the right past the Youth Hostel.
3. Turn left past the YHA onto path marked Yew Tree Walk and climb up to Fox Cottages. Go out through the gate and turn left on a path that runs alongside Ranmore Road. Continue for about a kilometre past some cottages and then turn left into Ranmore Common road; the church is ahead.
4. After St Barnabas head left down a signed path which passes the Old Rectory and heads down to Chapel Lane passing Bagden Farm.
5. Cross Chapel Lane into the field ahead and follow the grassy path up to the next gate leading into the wood. Follow this path uphill looking out for the second left and signpost to Crabtree Cottages.
6. At the cottages take the left hand path opposite and follow it all the way up for a couple of kilometres to the crossroads by paddocks. Follow chalk path ahead back to Crabtree Lane.